The 14th annual Austin Critics Table Awards for 2008-2009 are out. In the visual arts categories, ‘Reimagining Space: The Park Place Gallery Group in 1960s New York’ at the Blanton was best museum show, ‘‘Let Me Entertain You,’ by Jill Pangallo was the best work of art, and Sterling Allen was best artist. Co-Lab: A New Media Project Space got the new kid on the block award, ‘Lee Baxter Davis,’ Texas Biennial 2009 won best solo gallery exhibition, and ‘12:19 Library,’ by Ron Berry, Phil Soltanoff and Scott Wilcox at the Fusebox Festival won best independent project.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015