The Art Museum of Southeast Texas (AMSET) is holding the annual May review of its well-used hurricane preparedness plan. The museum was hit by Gustav and Ike in 2008. In 2005 Hurricane Rita flooded a few offices and damaged the roof, in 2007 Humberto tore away a section of the porte cochere facade. But, said AMSET Executive Director Lynn Castle in a disturbingly fate-tempting boast, “To date, we have not had any artwork damaged during a storm.” Fingers crossed!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015