Luis Jiménez's controversial, colorful, fiberglass Vaquero in Houston's Moody Park is being resurfaced and repainted by national sculpture conservationists Bob and Judy Pringle, with help from Leo Aston. It should be done by the end of the month, "just in time for park season."
The baroque, life-sized sculpture of a pistol-waving Mexican cowboy was originally intended for Tranquility Park in next to Houston city hall, next door to Oldenburg's Geometric Mouse (see next news bit)!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015