The 24-Hour Video Race begins at at 11:59 pm, Friday, May 22, at the Angelika Film Center at Mockingbird Station in Dallas. Teams are assigned a theme, prop, location and line of dialogue, and have 24 hours to complete a short video for judging. Anyone from elementary-school kids to professional filmmakers may compete. Student teams compete against other student teams and adult teams are categorized by team size rather than skill. Last year, the theme was " a twist of fate," and videos had to include a key, a location where a sport was played, and the line of dialog "what's this going to cost me?." 94 teams entered, 64 finished.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015