The Waterlights District is like one of those massive, public/private master planned all-in-one $600 million developments Houston loved in the seventies. This one is in Pearland and, in addition to the advertised "next generation planning", "Grand Canal waterway" and "Nano World Headquarters™" it will include 44 oversized presidential busts by Houston Sculptor David Adickes in a Presidential Park and Garden. Crazy you say? They hope to open in the Fall of 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015