The Rothko Chapel and Yoga for Peace (as opposed to Yoga for Thinner Thighs) will host a kirtan event at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. Kirtan means “to repeat” in Sanskrit and is a call and response style of chanting. Artists performing at the event will include Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band from New Orleans, Hare Krishnas, ragha music, and the Bhat Sisters.
also by Glasstire
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017
- Another Costume Contest at the DMA: This One is Lady Gaga - July 19th, 2017