The Rothko Chapel and Yoga for Peace (as opposed to Yoga for Thinner Thighs) will host a kirtan event at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. Kirtan means “to repeat” in Sanskrit and is a call and response style of chanting. Artists performing at the event will include Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band from New Orleans, Hare Krishnas, ragha music, and the Bhat Sisters.
also by Glasstire
- Calling Art World Virgins: Let Madonna Take You to Art Basel - August 22nd, 2016
- Sunday: Jonas Mekas at Deborah Colton Gallery - August 21st, 2016
- Net Art is on Fire at Rhizome - August 20th, 2016
- More Sand Mandalas in Houston! - August 20th, 2016
- GIF: Boob Piñata Smashing at the CAMH! - August 19th, 2016