The Rothko Chapel and Yoga for Peace (as opposed to Yoga for Thinner Thighs) will host a kirtan event at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. Kirtan means “to repeat” in Sanskrit and is a call and response style of chanting. Artists performing at the event will include Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band from New Orleans, Hare Krishnas, ragha music, and the Bhat Sisters.
also by Glasstire
- Video: Glasstire Off Road With William Wegman - May 25th, 2016
- The ArtSmarter Prize Will Actually Take Place on June 3! - May 23rd, 2016
- Austin to Get More Public Art - May 22nd, 2016
- Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum Finds a Lost O’Keeffe - May 21st, 2016
- Nice! Slideluck Returns to Dallas May 28 - May 20th, 2016