The Rothko Chapel and Yoga for Peace (as opposed to Yoga for Thinner Thighs) will host a kirtan event at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. Kirtan means “to repeat” in Sanskrit and is a call and response style of chanting. Artists performing at the event will include Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band from New Orleans, Hare Krishnas, ragha music, and the Bhat Sisters.
also by Glasstire
- Solange Knowles' Limited Edition Book Available at Marfa Book Company - May 25th, 2017
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017
- Menil's 2017 Walter Hopps Award Goes to Reem Fadda - May 24th, 2017
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017
- Two Large-Scale Ai Weiwei Sculptures Come to Austin this Summer - May 22nd, 2017