The Rothko Chapel and Yoga for Peace (as opposed to Yoga for Thinner Thighs) will host a kirtan event at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. Kirtan means “to repeat” in Sanskrit and is a call and response style of chanting. Artists performing at the event will include Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band from New Orleans, Hare Krishnas, ragha music, and the Bhat Sisters.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five April 28, 2016 - April 28th, 2016
- Austin's First Art Fair Will Include the Following DFW Galleries... . - April 28th, 2016
- Artists: Get Hot & Sweaty with 500x in Dallas - April 25th, 2016
- New Gallery Model for James Surls in Houston - April 24th, 2016
- See 13 Hours of Performance Art Today, April 23, in Houston - April 23rd, 2016