The Rothko Chapel and Yoga for Peace (as opposed to Yoga for Thinner Thighs) will host a kirtan event at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. Kirtan means “to repeat” in Sanskrit and is a call and response style of chanting. Artists performing at the event will include Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band from New Orleans, Hare Krishnas, ragha music, and the Bhat Sisters.
also by Glasstire
- DMA Names New Curator - February 8th, 2016
- Art + Labor Reading Group Today, February 7, in Houston - February 7th, 2016
- Brad Tucker at Beefhaus, Dallas - February 6th, 2016
- ArtSmarter Prize: What Would Lauren Smart Do For Love? - February 6th, 2016
- Rusty Obelisk Removed for Restoration from Rothko Chapel - February 6th, 2016