The Rothko Chapel and Yoga for Peace (as opposed to Yoga for Thinner Thighs) will host a kirtan event at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. Kirtan means “to repeat” in Sanskrit and is a call and response style of chanting. Artists performing at the event will include Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band from New Orleans, Hare Krishnas, ragha music, and the Bhat Sisters.
also by Glasstire
- DO NOT Miss Lionel Maunz's Talk At SMU Next Week - February 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: February 23, 2017 - February 23rd, 2017
- SHSU Hosts an Art Walk in Huntsville - February 21st, 2017
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017