The Rothko Chapel and Yoga for Peace (as opposed to Yoga for Thinner Thighs) will host a kirtan event at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17. Kirtan means “to repeat” in Sanskrit and is a call and response style of chanting. Artists performing at the event will include Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band from New Orleans, Hare Krishnas, ragha music, and the Bhat Sisters.
also by Glasstire
- Send your questions for Robert Irwin! - October 7th, 2015
- Artists: Wouldn't You Like a Show at Blue Star? - October 6th, 2015
- Quick: See Fall's First Round of Shows Before they Close - October 5th, 2015
- How Much Would You Pay for a Twombly? - October 3rd, 2015
- An Evening Celebration for a Great Oak Cliff Park - October 2nd, 2015