Frida Kahlo’s Self-portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird is finally coming back to UT for a little vacation after twenty years on the road. The painting will be on display beginning Tuesday, May 5 in the Ransom Center’s lobby until January 3, 2010, when it is off again to Berlin and Vienna. The painting was featured in exhibitions in more than 25 museums, most recently as part of Frida Kahlo, a traveling retrospective exhibition organized by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the artist’s birth.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015