Frida Kahlo’s Self-portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird is finally coming back to UT for a little vacation after twenty years on the road. The painting will be on display beginning Tuesday, May 5 in the Ransom Center’s lobby until January 3, 2010, when it is off again to Berlin and Vienna. The painting was featured in exhibitions in more than 25 museums, most recently as part of Frida Kahlo, a traveling retrospective exhibition organized by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the artist’s birth.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015