Dallas philanthropist Nancy Hamon has given $1,000,000 to UT-Dallas’ Center for the Interdisciplinary Study of Museums to fund a series of books on the history of art museums, to be published by Yale University Press. The series will be overseen by Richard Brettell, a professor of art at UTD who created the CISM in 1999 to explore the cultural politics of art museums. The books, one each year for five years, will roll off the presses beginning in 2012.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015