The Houston-based artist team of Carter Ernst and Paul Kittelson have been awarded a commission to create an enormous, stainless-steel bird’s nest at the front entrance of William P. Hobby Airport. Complementing Jim Love’s Call Ernie, (the blue pumpjack-plane) to make little Hobby the Houston Airport with the best public art. The artists were selected by a panel representing the Houston Airport System, the community, and "arts professionals".
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015