The Houston-based artist team of Carter Ernst and Paul Kittelson have been awarded a commission to create an enormous, stainless-steel bird’s nest at the front entrance of William P. Hobby Airport. Complementing Jim Love’s Call Ernie, (the blue pumpjack-plane) to make little Hobby the Houston Airport with the best public art. The artists were selected by a panel representing the Houston Airport System, the community, and "arts professionals".
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015