I don’t usually announce fundraisers, but when the International Museum of Art and Science (The institution that brought you Grossology: the Impolite Science of the Human Body) in McAllen, newly accreditied by the American Association of Museums, is holding its first International Beer & Art Festival, rules have got to bend. Dueling Pianos from San Antonio. Artwork from the IMAS collection paired with corresponding cuisine and beer from around the world. Each guest to go home with a souvenir event glass. 6pm Only 500 tickets are available: first come, first served. Advance tickets are $30 for members, $40 for non-members and $25 for designated drivers. Saturday April 25, Drinking begins at 6 pm, pianos at 7.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015