Houston’s M Squared gallery is hosting a show and sale of work from Art League Houston’s Healing Art program, opening this Satuday, April 18, 7-9 pm. Art League Houston has offered the free Healing Art program, which provides free art instruction, creative expression, and a sense of community for adults living with physical challenges, Multiple Sclerosis, HIV & AIDS, and cancer related illnesses, since 1991. On Fridays, Art League Houston studios are filled to capacity artists who come to be a part of a group which has made a tremendous difference in their lives. The Art League is Houston’s oldest alternative space. According to Co-owners Max Boyd Harrison and Michael Kubis, the mission of M Squared, is to promote artists and their work in an atmosphere beneficial to their needs.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015