Turkish musician Tolga Unaldi plays Modern Turkish Sufi Music on the ney, a traditional Turkish end-blown reed flute at the Rothko Chapel on Wednesday, April 15 at 7 pm. Born in Ankara, Turkey in 1975, Unaldi has undergraduate and graduate degrees from the Ankara State Conservatory Department of Musicology, Ethnomusicology and Folklore and currently actively studies and well as performs on ethnic wind instruments. The concert will include examples of traditional Turkish music, classical western music with the reed flute, and contemporary sounds and compositions on reed flute.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015