The recent magnitude six earthquake east of Rome, in addition to killing 179, damaged a passel of old buildings: the the Romanesque church of Maria di Collemaggio in L’Aquila was destroyed, along with the Renaissance bell tower of the church of San Bernardino di Siena and Forte Spagnolo, home to the National Museum of Abruzzo. It being Italy, promises for help in rebuilding flow from all sides.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015