Turner Prize-winning British artist Jeremy Deller takes his nationwide road show It Is What It Is: Conversations About Iraq to Houston and Dallas this week. The museum-show-in-a-trailer, towing an attention-grabbing bombed-out car from Baghdad will be parked in front of the Mitchell Center building at the University of Houston on Thursday, April 9, 2009, from 10-3 pm and at Emancipation Park in Houston’s Third Ward on Friday, April 10, from 11-4 pm. Deller will also talk at the Glassell School of Art on Thursday night at 7. Then on to a Dallas: The Goss-Michael fondation has persuaded Deller to add a stop near the flagpole at the end of Bishop Boulevard on the SMU campus. Hope they get there: the tour map on the project’s website places the city somewhere near San Angelo.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015