The Ashmolean, Britain’s oldest museum, has run out of money three quarters of the way through a planned 61 million pound renovation that would double its floor space with a new building. The museum, in Oxford, England, remains closed pending the completion of the project. Not to worry, tourists: the only extant stuffed dodo remains on display at the nearby Oxford University Museum of Natural History.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015