From 2-4 pm Saturday, members of InCUBATE, a Chicago-based group will discuss what “collective activity" looks like, what it costs, and why it matters. They are trying to develop financial models for contemporary art which are less constrained by market concerns and are effective, realistic and relevant to both art and the everyday. Part of Skydive Saturday Free School for the arts. Free.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015