Russ Pitman Park, in that part of the City of Houston known as The city of speed cameras, or Bellaire, is a 4-acre nature conservancy with a pocket prairie, a bog, and an outdoor art exhibition. For "Human Nature Planted" 12 Texas artists will ponder how humans assimilate and possibly dominate plant habitats. Amie Adelman, Andis Applewhite, Lucinda Cobley, Michael Crowder, Nathaniel Donnett, Orna Feinstein, Kathy Hall, Keith Hollingsworth, Kathy Kelley, Jason Dean Moul, Mari Omori, and June Woest.7112 Newcastle, Bellaire. The exhibition opens April 4 from 5-7pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015