Writer Gregg Bordowitz does: "I have an embarrassing admission to make. I still believe that art can change the world. I know a work of art can’t feed the hungry or cure AIDS, but a video, a painting, a poem, all works of art, are endowed with a capacity to alter a viewer’s perspective on the world." Embarassed or not, he’s going to talk about it tonight at San Antonio’s Meadows Museum at 6:30. Bordowitz is a member of the faculty of the Film/Video/New Media Department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and he is on the faculty of the Whitney Museum Independent Study Program, so his embarassing beliefs are worth hearing about.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015