The first annual Booker Lowe lecture at Houston’s Glassell School of Art brings Andrew Wagner, editor-in-chief of American Craft Magazine to tell us that we’re in an "era of convergence" in which craft, design, art, architecture and even fashion are coming together, in a broad, cyclical effect something like El Niño. At the Frank Freed auditorium, Saturday, March 28, 2-4 pm. Coincidentally, the NY Times reports that Houston has (or had) the world’s largest cooperative colony of amoebas!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015