Grotto Wall at Sparky Park, a former Austin Energy substation site, now a pocket park in Austin, is finished! The masonry “artwall” by artist Berthold Haas "transforms an existing cinderblock wall into a sculptural landscape of trees and curiosities," with embedded stones and shells. The North University Neighborhood Association’s opening ceremony for the park on Saturday, March 28 will include refreshments, live music and a costume parade for kids with prizes for the "sparkiest" costume. 10-11 am at Sparky Park, 3701 Grooms Street. Free.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015