San Antonio artist Bill Fitzgibbons and the city of McAllen are in a heated legal wrangle over McAllen’s installation of colored lights in an underpass that closely resemble "Light Channels," a 2006 installation by FitzGibbons in San Antonio. Fitzgibbons claims theft of intellectual property, and hired lawyers. The city has sought a ruling from the U.S. District Court. It’s gonna be messy: McAllen arts aficionadoes visited Fitzgibbons’ studio in the summer of 2007. No one admits anything. Stay tuned!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015