Marion True, the archeologist and former curator of antiquities at the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles took the stand in Italy to refute charges that she particiapted in acquiring some looted art for the Getty during her tenure there. There were no running gun battles, Nazi sumbarines, or ghostly soul-suckers. Archeologists on both sides traded mild accusations of non-cooperation in the already four-year old case, prompting the presiding judge to wonder if the trial will wind up before his retirement in three years.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015