On March 19-21 the most underground art show with the most aboveground press machinery is coming to Austin: New Brow: The Rise of Underground Art opens at the art space formerly known as Gallery Lombardi with the director formerly known as Rachel Koper as PR person, spine-tingling rumors of possible celebrity appearances by certain celebrities too underground to mention, except that they’re Shepard Fairey and Ron English, and corporate sponsorship by Red Bull, Pabst, Juxtapoz and The Unscene. There’s a New Brow film, too, so underground it was "turned away by the acceptance committee for SXSW" being screened March 17 and 21 at 501 Studios, and Wednesday the 18th at Cafe Mundi.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015