The Texas Senate finance committee has recommended that the Texas Commission on the Arts receive $3 million extra dollars over the next two years to support TCA’s Arts Create grant program. Although it’s only a recommendation, TCA calls it "a significant advancement of TCA’s budget status and demonstrates support for the newly created Arts Create category." other legislative news, Representative David Leibowitz (San Antonio) introduced HB 2242 abolishing the Texas Cultural Endowment Fund. If the bill passes, the money in the Texas Cultural Endowment Fund will be transferred to the Texas Commission on the Arts operating fund. Private donations will be returned to the donors. Currently, TCA is funded with interest earnings from the Endowment, but is unhappy with this "unstable budget source."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015