This evening the Ft. Worth Modern brings Nicola Vassell, curator, art writer, and currently a director at Deitch Projects in New York to speak. For this Tuesday evening’s lecture, Vassell presents DARK ART: A New Conversation with Abstraction, in which she proposes that "a new and grittier form of abstraction permits us to theorize that a younger generation of painters, consciously or not, is producing ruggedly electric paintings that tell somber and vicious tales . . . making a statement on the sociopolitical inevitability of a world gone mad."
The world goes mad at 7 pm, Tuesday, March 10, coctails beforehand at the museum’s Café Modern. Or you can get the podcast on Friday!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015