The LA Times’ Culture Monster reports that mega-dealer Larry Gagosian and mega-artist Chris Burden have got their tongues stuck to the pump handle: 220 lbs. of gold the gallery purchased from R. Allen Stanford, noted (alleged) Texan fraudster, have been frozen by court order just in time to gum up this Saturday’s opening of Burden’s "One Ton, One Kilo" Gagosian Gallery in Beverly Hills. There’s a hearing today in Dallas to try and unstick them.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015