A pair of Interesting, but non-Texas, art stories typify the state of high-dollar art marketing: Anne Leibovitz has pawned the rights to her photographs to raise some cash for real estate litigation, and a Chinese antique dealer who is reportedly the high bidder for those controversial, looted Yves Saint Laurent bronze heads has publicly refused to pay up, setting off what will no doubt be a long string of space-filling tidbits for the international art press.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015