A reproduction of a painting from the Amon Carter’s collection was featured in the background of a Saturday Night Live sketch last weekend. Martin Johnson Heade’s Thunder Storm on Narragansett Bay hung in the background of a send-up of a Republican stategy meeting on Capitol Hill. The event was spotted by a Carter curator, reported in the Carter’s blog, picked up by KERA’s blog, then regurgitated here! Just to make it special, I will add that Heade was the 19th century Morandi. Talk amongst yourselves.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015