A reproduction of a painting from the Amon Carter’s collection was featured in the background of a Saturday Night Live sketch last weekend. Martin Johnson Heade’s Thunder Storm on Narragansett Bay hung in the background of a send-up of a Republican stategy meeting on Capitol Hill. The event was spotted by a Carter curator, reported in the Carter’s blog, picked up by KERA’s blog, then regurgitated here! Just to make it special, I will add that Heade was the 19th century Morandi. Talk amongst yourselves.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015