The Dallas Architecture Forum brings curator and critic Elizabeth Smith to speak at the Dallas Museum of Art’s Horchow Auditorium this Thursday, Feb 19. Smith, chief curator at Chicago’s Musum of Contemporary Art, wrote the definitive book on the California Case Study Houses, a series of American modernist experiments at mid-century. As with many architecture-related events, despite a slew of corporate sponsors the DAF’s "inclusive arena" carries a hefty fee: single tickets are $20, $10 for DMA members, and $5 for students with I.D. Or you can buy the book for $9.99 from Amazon.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015