The Dallas Architecture Forum brings curator and critic Elizabeth Smith to speak at the Dallas Museum of Art’s Horchow Auditorium this Thursday, Feb 19. Smith, chief curator at Chicago’s Musum of Contemporary Art, wrote the definitive book on the California Case Study Houses, a series of American modernist experiments at mid-century. As with many architecture-related events, despite a slew of corporate sponsors the DAF’s "inclusive arena" carries a hefty fee: single tickets are $20, $10 for DMA members, and $5 for students with I.D. Or you can buy the book for $9.99 from Amazon.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015