Texans for the Arts is kicking off its 2009 lobbying season with Arts Advocacy Day on Tuesday, February 10th. $45 gets you an arts advocacy workshop with Kellner consulting and HillCo, and lunch at the Radisson Hotel, Austin with keynote "dynamic arts advocate" Bill Lively, CEO of the both the Dallas Center for the Performing Art and the North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee. According to the press release, the goal is to increse public arts spending to $1 per capita, and to "promote the arts as one of our state’s critically important economic engines", not to mention "making Texas a world class cultural destination."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015