Max Neuhaus, musician and pioneering ambient-sound artist, is dead of cancer at 69. Neuhaus’ Sound Figure was installed permanently outside the the Menil’s north entrance in May. One of the first to explore the way sound could be used to transform spaces, Neuhaus gave up traditional music in 1968, and began a long association with Dominique De Menil, who he met at a dinner party.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015