Dallas’ Nasher Sculpture Center has named Jeremy Strick, ousted director of the financially swamped Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art as it’s first director in the two years since Steven Nash resigned. The Nasher, which has a smaller staff, is not running a deficit, and is sitting on a mountain of endowment money, isn’t worried about the financial troubles Strick has left behind at his former institution, citing instead his history of great exhibitions.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015