The Obama stimulus package, at least the version the House passed, includes $50 million for the National Endowment for the arts. According to Bill Ivey, the former chair of the NEA who was on Obama’s transition team, the NEA can move money into people’s hands quickly. Republicans are less convinced of art’s ability to jump-start the economy. As yet, no Jesse Helms has raised a pitchfork against controversial content.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015