The Dallas Museum of Art scored three new works with the help of The Rachofsky Collection and the DMA/amfAR Benefit Auction Fund. Marlene Dumas’s For Whom the Bell Tolls (2008), Jim Hodges’s and still this (2005-08), and a high point of high points, Yayoi Kusama’s Accumulation (1962-64). In the past ten years, The DMA/amfAR Benefit Auction Fund, which is supported by the annual Two by Two for Aids and Art, has helped the DMA acquire 70 works of contemporary art.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015