The Los Angeles Times blogs that the Cisneros Collection of Latin American art is looking for a permanent home or homes. Will any of it come to the MFAH, with it’s new front-and-center Latin American art program? In a fact-filled 2008 article, the NY Times’ Arthur Lubow outlines the complex and divisive making of a market, and the personalities that struggle to define what Latin American art should be and mean.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015