The Los Angeles Times blogs that the Cisneros Collection of Latin American art is looking for a permanent home or homes. Will any of it come to the MFAH, with it’s new front-and-center Latin American art program? In a fact-filled 2008 article, the NY Times’ Arthur Lubow outlines the complex and divisive making of a market, and the personalities that struggle to define what Latin American art should be and mean.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015