Yarnbombing goes global: a recent article in the Telegraph (UK) descibes the spread of knitted graffiti to an island famed for wooly sweaters, a further example of the astonishing media-drawing power of the idea. The piece correctly credits Houston’s Magda Sayeg with the idea, and illustrates it with a massive single decker bus piece she and the Knitta group did. Reportedly, some Canadians are doing a book.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015