Yarnbombing goes global: a recent article in the Telegraph (UK) descibes the spread of knitted graffiti to an island famed for wooly sweaters, a further example of the astonishing media-drawing power of the idea. The piece correctly credits Houston’s Magda Sayeg with the idea, and illustrates it with a massive single decker bus piece she and the Knitta group did. Reportedly, some Canadians are doing a book.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015