Gerald Peters Gallery, which once anchored the heart of the gallery area in Dallas at the corner of Fairmount Street, is closing permanently. The gallery went through a glory period in the 90s when Tally Dunn (of Dunn and Brown Contemporary) was the director, then a strange, ill-fated interlude when former Kimbell director Ted Pillsbury joined as a partner, and lately, a lingering demise culminating with a move to Dragon Street along with most of the other galleries in town. It feels like the end of an era for a once-mighty powerhouse in the Texas gallery scene.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Peter Marzio, head of MFAH, dies at 67 - December 10th, 2010
- Pamela Z TONIGHT in Houston! - December 4th, 2010
- Arthouse TX Prize Finalists Announced - November 20th, 2010