Gerald Peters Gallery, which once anchored the heart of the gallery area in Dallas at the corner of Fairmount Street, is closing permanently. The gallery went through a glory period in the 90s when Tally Dunn (of Dunn and Brown Contemporary) was the director, then a strange, ill-fated interlude when former Kimbell director Ted Pillsbury joined as a partner, and lately, a lingering demise culminating with a move to Dragon Street along with most of the other galleries in town. It feels like the end of an era for a once-mighty powerhouse in the Texas gallery scene.
also by Rainey Knudson
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016