The CAM’s Board of Trustees elected Bill Arning, currently a curator at MIT’s List Visual Art Center in Cambridge, MA, as the new director of Houston’s Contemporary Art Museum at today’s meeting. Mr. Arning, for ten years the director and chief curator of White Columns in NYC, curated the Houston Area show for the Blaffer Gallery in 2004, and was one of the collaborators on Chantal Akerman-Moving Through Space and Time at the Blaffer Gallery in 2008. He will start work on April 6.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015