Ten years after his death, hundreds of paintings from the 1970’s by longtime Houston Community College instructor Kyle Rislow were discovered in storage units he maintained in different cities. An exhibit featuring the recently discovered works will open at HCC Central’s Gallery, on Monday January 26 from 5:30-7:30. A colleague at HCC, Kathleen Key, "Kyle refused to deal with or confront the Art establishment.” and painted for art alone, storing hundreds of works.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015