The press release used 812 words to say it, but two will suffice: The DMA broke its previous attendance record in 2008. 350,000 visitors queued up for the blockbuster Tutankhamun show, the most-visited exhibition in the DMA’s 100-year history. The new Center for Creative Connections had more than 10,000 visitors a month; Olafur Eliason, J.M.W. Turner and all the rest brought the total up to 776,000 for the year.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015