Apparently "Tolerance Bridge" isn’t a good enough name for the Houston’s new bayou-spanning project at Studemont, and the Houston Art Alliance is looking for suggestions on a better one. The working name for the bridge is Twisted Arc, but that’s even worse. The new name should "capture the essence of the project and the spirit of the city," a spirit which HAA quickly defines as "a swiftly growing and evolving city that is a place of great opportunity and is embracing of new peoples and cultures." Most especially, the new name should be jazzy enough to supplant the inevitable hail of ridiculous epithets. Proposals are due by January 31, 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015