Let’s start with the Tolerance bridge thing I just posted on the newswire: why a new name? Is HAA trying to increase community involvement in a project that is essentially a private enterprise? I mean, it’s going to be great to have a walkable, bikeable bridge between Montrose and the Heights, but in keeping with the "everything’s for sale" ethos of this city, I think naming rights to a landmark like that are, in the words of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, "golden" and should be sold to the highest bidder. That doesn’t mean it has to be dull:
"The Toyota Twister"
. . . you get the idea.
also by Bill Davenport
- More Dallas Art Fair 2015 - April 11th, 2015
- Houston Art League Announces 2015 Texas Artists, Patron of the Year - April 11th, 2015
- Kevin Todora: New Photographic Works - April 5th, 2015
- John Atlas: A Survey of Work 1969-2014 - March 29th, 2015
- Menil Breaks Ground for New Drawing Center - March 28th, 2015