Let’s start with the Tolerance bridge thing I just posted on the newswire: why a new name? Is HAA trying to increase community involvement in a project that is essentially a private enterprise? I mean, it’s going to be great to have a walkable, bikeable bridge between Montrose and the Heights, but in keeping with the "everything’s for sale" ethos of this city, I think naming rights to a landmark like that are, in the words of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, "golden" and should be sold to the highest bidder. That doesn’t mean it has to be dull:
"The Toyota Twister"
. . . you get the idea.
also by Bill Davenport
- Top Five Art Events in Texas, February 27, 2014 - February 27th, 2014
- Lone Star Performance Explosion: Some of Night 2 - February 26th, 2014
- Seven Topics No Artist Town Hall Meeting Should Miss - February 18th, 2014
- Jason Villegas: Salon Style - February 15th, 2014
- Ryan Hawk at Art League Houston - February 11th, 2014