Let’s start with the Tolerance bridge thing I just posted on the newswire: why a new name? Is HAA trying to increase community involvement in a project that is essentially a private enterprise? I mean, it’s going to be great to have a walkable, bikeable bridge between Montrose and the Heights, but in keeping with the "everything’s for sale" ethos of this city, I think naming rights to a landmark like that are, in the words of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, "golden" and should be sold to the highest bidder. That doesn’t mean it has to be dull:
"The Toyota Twister"
. . . you get the idea.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015