Let’s start with the Tolerance bridge thing I just posted on the newswire: why a new name? Is HAA trying to increase community involvement in a project that is essentially a private enterprise? I mean, it’s going to be great to have a walkable, bikeable bridge between Montrose and the Heights, but in keeping with the "everything’s for sale" ethos of this city, I think naming rights to a landmark like that are, in the words of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, "golden" and should be sold to the highest bidder. That doesn’t mean it has to be dull:
"The Toyota Twister"
. . . you get the idea.
also by Bill Davenport
- Texas Director Drought Worsens as Diverseworks' Dunbar Heads East - October 23rd, 2014
- James Buss at Hello Project - October 22nd, 2014
- Richter Swap: Pace Foundation Managers Sell Painting To Fund New Art Campus - October 19th, 2014
- Dating App as Social Media Lab: Tinder Guys Posing With Art - October 17th, 2014
- The Buddha's in the Background - October 15th, 2014