Let’s start with the Tolerance bridge thing I just posted on the newswire: why a new name? Is HAA trying to increase community involvement in a project that is essentially a private enterprise? I mean, it’s going to be great to have a walkable, bikeable bridge between Montrose and the Heights, but in keeping with the "everything’s for sale" ethos of this city, I think naming rights to a landmark like that are, in the words of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, "golden" and should be sold to the highest bidder. That doesn’t mean it has to be dull:
"The Toyota Twister"
. . . you get the idea.
also by Bill Davenport
- Top Five: March 26, 2015 - March 26th, 2015
- Bastrop Boosters Get into Sculpture: Stroll Set for Sunday - March 20th, 2015
- Faking It: Erin Stafford's Tongue and Groove at Lawndale - March 19th, 2015
- MMMMMMMMM - March 14th, 2015
- OK Art at the Party-Tyme Corral - March 8th, 2015