Maria Lind is the fourth recipient of the biennial Walter Hopps Award for Curatorial Excellence. Lind, former curator at the curator at Moderna Museet in Stockholm is currently director of the graduate program at the Bard College Center for Curatorial Studies. Chosen by a panel of heavy-hitters, (Lynne Cooke, curator, Dia Art Foundation, Susanne Ghez, director, Renaissance Society at the University of Chicago; and Udo Kittelmann, director of Berlin’s Nationalgalerie), she gets $15,000, and will lecture at the Menil Collection on March 13.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015