Maria Lind is the fourth recipient of the biennial Walter Hopps Award for Curatorial Excellence. Lind, former curator at the curator at Moderna Museet in Stockholm is currently director of the graduate program at the Bard College Center for Curatorial Studies. Chosen by a panel of heavy-hitters, (Lynne Cooke, curator, Dia Art Foundation, Susanne Ghez, director, Renaissance Society at the University of Chicago; and Udo Kittelmann, director of Berlin’s Nationalgalerie), she gets $15,000, and will lecture at the Menil Collection on March 13.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015