I didn’t know the man, but judging by the outpouring of love and dedication to his memory, I wish I had. Surrounded by friends, Manny Castillo meant a lot to a lot of people: a vigil was held outside his hospital room in his final hours, his casket was custom-decorated by some of the many artists he helped. Last weekend, a memorial show was held at by his former bandmates in Snowbyrd. Now that’s real fame.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015