Beloved San Antonio community activist, drummer, and arts advocate Manny Castillo, 40, died on Tuesday, January 6, of cancer. As co-founder and executive director of San Anto Cultural Arts, he fostered many West End murals; as lead drummer for experimental rock band Snowbyrd, he was a mainstay of the San Antonio music scene. There will be a viewing today, January 9, at Castillo’s Mission Funeral Home 520 N. General McMullen Dr., San Antonio, a Rosary at 7 pm, and a Mass tomorrow, Saturday January 10 at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 1321 El Paso, San Antonio. Snowbyrd is scheduled to play this weekend at the Limelight in San Antonio.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015