For the first time since 1997, The Art Museum of Southeast Texas in Beaumont has achieved accreditation from the American Association of Museums, proving it’s up to snuff on stuff like ethics, accountability, and professionalism after a ten year wrangle with the association’s accreditation commission over conservation issues. Surprisingly, only about 5% of the nation’s 17,000 museums are accredited by AAM.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015