A new mural by Austin artist Angel Quesada, known for his mural/signage work on the walls of the Mexic-Arte museum, graces the wall of the Austin State School at 35th & Mopac. Finished on December 30th, the latex-over-brick serpent is Ouroboros, or Uroboros, or Oroborus, (it’s from the Greek, Ουροβόρος so you see how the spelling is open to interpretation) and either symbolizes a Jungian pre-ego "dawn state" or a never ending cycle. or primordial unity or something else circular, even if the wall is squashing it into more of a rectangle.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015