The Galveston Island Convention and Visitor’s Bureau wants YOU to design the Mardi Gras poster for this year’s 98th event on February 13-24. They’re holding an open contest: anyone, anywhere can submit a design by January 30, and members of the Galveston community will pick a winner. No prize; just the warm feeling you get from helping a storm-devatated community, and swagger. Maybe a seat on a parade float and some beads would be in order, as well.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015