The Art Guys are offering the name "Art Guys," their registered trademark, for sale along with their logo and assorted Art Guys ephemera. They’re asking $500,000, but it seems like a bargain compared to the flat million they wanted for their cremated remains. After the sale, the artists fromerly known as the Art Guys will be re-named by a third party who will choose a new name from open suggestions. Early suggestions include "The Art Dudes", "Super Art Dudes", "The Verizon Wireless Art Guys" and "Bill White for US Senate." In other Art Guys news, in 2009 they will become engaged to a potted plant, it is not known whether the plant will take their new name.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015