Today’s Houston Chronicle explains Houston’s sometimes inexplicable charm as a destination for aspiring artists, and without going into too many specifics, explores the role the MFAH’s Core Program has had on the city’s art scene over the past 25 years. I, as a fly, call it a "nefarious scheme", but mean that in a good way. The MFAH’s Alison Greene, speaking for the spiders, likens the influx of emigrés to Paris in the last century.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015